Sunday 12 February 2012

Salt Art


From March 2011:

"And finally I got to take some pics of my not so latest work which I wanted to share with you guys for a quite while now. Some time ago I came across a book in the library that showed in details how to craft items from salt dough. Epic. I made some that reaped ample complement and satisfaction.



My first piece was a box, made of 6 squares, all with holes all round, which i have painted with water colours. The 'lid' (if you will) is attached with a spring made of a thick'ish copper wire and the rest is holding up together by a thinner wire just wrapped round holes of two neighboring squares. Then  a bit more copper wire swirls motifs here and there....
Check out the rest....






Next is a piece that belongs on a kitchen's wall, its decorated with spices- seeds & powders, dry pasta and leather. This was a house worming gift to my friend Joanna.






Last but not least also a gift to my friend Jazz. An imprint of a traditional middle-eastern sweets plate painted shades of dark pink, purple and dark orange, decorated gold, black, and a crack ;)
"use the inevitable to your advantage"






No comments:

Post a Comment